Friday, November 16, 2007

Aah Friday...


The girls and I had a holiday prep day as well as some cozy times. We went to our favorite kid's store, Grasshopper, and picked out holiday dresses and a couple little gifts for the cousins. We took inventory of which Flicka, Ricka, Dicka, and Snipp, Snapp, Snurr books they had there (some of the girl's favorite). Then went to the nearby coffee shop for some tomato coconut soup (actually quite tasty). At home we did some gift making and momma did a little knitting on her first pair of socks. I realized I really needed a baked good, so we made ginger molasses cookies (without refined sugar). Only one broken egg on the floor! Remember helping your mom with the cookies and licking the bowl? Well, Iris took it to the extreme today. Now the girls are drinking tea, eating cookies and listening to a Raffi Christmas album I checked out at the library. I know it's a little early for Christmas music, but I couldn't help myself.

I'm also thinking of what to contribute to Thanksgiving. I found out I won Pioneer Organics' (our organic produce delivery service) holiday contest and I get $50 of free groceries! Yippee! I think I'm going to make a butternut squash pizza, mashed potatoes, kale with cranberries, drinks, and ginger/molasses vanilla(or pumpkin) icecream cookie sandwiches. Yum! My sister-in-law is making the turkey. The holidays are so fun for me.

1 comment:

  1. hey. that sock is looking good! can't wait to see it person!

    ReplyDelete