Monday, December 10, 2007

Preparing

We had a lovely weekend preparing for the holidays and hanging out with friends. Friday, we trudged up the mountain, found a patch of snow, and found our tree. Although there wasn't much snow, the girls had a blast. On Saturday, we went to a holiday concert, ate some Pho, and went to see the lights at the Grotto. Sunday was tree decorating day. Our tree is now heavy-laden with ornaments that go all the way back to me and Shawn's wee years. Every year the girls get a new ornament, and this year they receive theirs in their shoe on St. Nicholas day along with a "gold" coin. Last night, I stayed up until 1 am taking inventory of the gifts I made and knitting away at Iris' socks (almost done!). I still have a list of sewing and knitting projects, but don't think it's out of control. I also spent some time backing macaroons to give to friends and neighbors. I made chocolate and vanilla with a marionberry meringue buttercream sandwiched between. I'm going to make a batch of chocolate with caramel today. I think I'm going to start giving my gifts now, so I don't scramble the last week before Christmas.

1 comment: