Monday, February 18, 2008

Accident-Prone, But Still having a Good Time

This weekend was a beautiful one, weather-wise, however, I had my 2nd accident in one week that involved a fair amount of pain. Last Saturday I turned my foot pretty bad (or at least I thought) by stepping into a hole backwards. It swelled up and was very painful. I was told I should go to the ER for an x-ray. No break, just a bad sprain. However, I was miraculously healed the next day. I was even able to go to yoga the following day! Hallelujah! Then, this Saturday, I went x-country skiing at Trillium Lake with Taunia. We had a great time (thanks again, T) until I fell flat on my tailbone. It probably would have healed up if Taunia would have agreed to rub some arnica on my butt, but noooo. (Just kidding, we actually didn't have any handy, otherwise, I'm sure she would have done it-right T???). Anyway, I haven't had the miraculous booty healing I was hoping for, but I'll live. So I'm seeing all these injuries as a good thing. It means Spring is on the Way! I guess I'm just testing out my outdoor motor skills that are a bit rusty from too much time sitting on the couch with knitting needles in hand. I figure I'll get my injuries out of the way so I can really enjoy the good weather when it's here to stay.

Speaking of good weather, we were able to get the kids out to the Sandy River to soak in some of that rare sunshine yesterday. You know the kids were starved for it when your leaving and your eldest says "you know what mom? You and Dad are raising us well." My heart melted and it made me want to build her a cabin on the river right then and there. We really need to be intentional about getting outdoors and in some trees more often. It's so therapeutic for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment