Thursday, April 3, 2008

I am blessed...

No matter how dark, dreary, and cold the end of winter (even beginning of spring) can be in Portland, I still feel so blessed in many ways. However, I do have to admit I feel a little extra blessed when Portland is bathed in sunlight-which it was today. I love my little family. My incredibly involved, doting husband and my two little girls. As I write this, the girls are playing so nicely in their room. The girls and I packed a picnic and spent the whole morning at the park. The girls were troopers on the two mile walk. They played together like best friends (which they really do most of the time). I want to live my life in these moments and not let the seemingly small blessings (which in reality are quite big) slip past my radar. This is when joy seeps in, when you take a moment and observe and see how amazing the daily, seemingly mundane, life can be.

On a similar, yet different note (part of my random ramblings):
Ben Harper's song, "Blessed to be a Witness" has been somewhat of a theme song for my life the past couple of years. Sometimes when I think of some of the blessings I've encountered in my life, I feel pangs of pain because they involve loved ones (particularly my dad) who are no longer on this earth. But I do remember that all is not lost. All those years of sound advice and inspiration that my dad bestowed upon me in his living years do live on. Just like those of others who have touched my life. I am blessed to be a witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment