Sunday, March 15, 2009

In honor of...


This weekend we went to Portland to visit my mom and run the Shamrock Run. My dad would have turned 64 this weekend. His birthday falls around the same time as the Shamrock Run. This picture was of the last Shamrock Run (and I believe, Birthday) my dad celebrated. Thanks for the pic, Kris and Dan. We went to Kennedy School for breakfast after the run that day. Running is definitely one of those things that come to mind when I think of Dad. However, I think fly fishing tops the list. I sure miss him. Always will. I miss his inappropriate jokes. I miss his great (and at times, annoying) advice. I miss his laugh. I appreciate how he had so many interests and would dive into researching them. Oh, I could go on and on. He was a good Dad and Papa. I hold a tender place in my heart for my dad.

So, this weekend the four of us ran the shamrock run. It's become a tradition for our little family (me, the 5k, Shawn, the 8k, the girls, the leprechaun lap 1k). I believe Grace has 5 t-shirts from running the leprechaun lap all these years. It was good times, but very windy and rainy. I'm sure my dad would have kicked butt where he still running on this earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment